Environmental and Sustainability Policy
Introduction and Aim
Felt Products (Northern) Ltd is an independent roofing materials distributor, operating from sites in Standish, Wigan. We deal mainly with bituminous and plastic products, and we recognise that these can produce high emissions on production. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, as well as offsetting as many emissions as we can. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
This environmental policy applies to all of our operations including management, office services, sales, delivery and procurement. James Oldfield (IT & Marketing manager) is responsible for ensuring that the policy is implemented. However, all employees have a responsibility in their area to ensure that the aims and objectives of the policy are met.
Methods Currently in Use:
- Paying for all of our waste to be recycled
- Replacing our merchandising with sustainable alternatives (for example bamboo pens phasing out plastic pens)
- Ensuring at least 50% of our DPM products are made from recycled materials
- Reducing our carbon footprint by using forwarders that cares for environment; an increased use of intermodal transport, using environmentally friendly equipment (EURO 5/6) and optimisation of transport planning helps us to further reduce our carbon emissions
Goals to Achieve:
- Further reduction of plastic waste
- Reduction of carbon emissions
- Reduction of paper waste
Actions to Take:
- Further reduction of plastic waste by exploring options concerning alternatives to plastic packaging
- Reduction of carbon emission by supporting remote working to save on commute pollution and exploring options of different means of transport alternative to road transport
- Reduction of unnecessary paper waste by sending all invoices out digitally where possible
Ways to Track Progress:
- Monitor bubble-wrap use carefully
- Set up at least 1 able staff member to work from home
- Aim to reduce paper invoices to less than 10 per year
Our progresses will also be monitored through monthly meetings.
This policy is available upon request. Should you require anything, please contact James at email@example.com who will be more than happy to assist.
Signed: James Oldfield